Monday, May 19, 2008

take the time


Just let me catch my breath

Ive heard the promises

Ive seen the mistakes

Ive had my share of tough breaks

I need a new voice, a new law,

a new way

To take the time,

reevaluateIts time to pick up the peices,

Go back to square oneI think its time for a change

There is something that I feel

To be something that is real

I feel the heat within my mind

And craft new challenges with my eyes

Giving freely wandering promises

A place with decisions Ill fashion

I wont waste another breath


You can feel the waves coming on

(its time to take the time)

Let them destroy you or carry you on

(its time to take them time)

Youre fighting the weight of the world

But no one can save you this time

Close your eyes

You can find all you need in your mind

The unbroken spirit

Obscured and disquiet

Finds clearness this trial demands

And at the end of this day sighs an anxious relief

For the fortune lies still in his handsIf theres a pensive fear,

a wasted yearA man must learn to cope

If his obsessions real,Supression that he feels must turn to hopeLife is no more assuring

than love(its time to take the time)

Youre fighting the weight of the world

And no one can save you this time

Close your eyesYou can find all that you need in your mind

I close my eyes And feel the water rise around meDrown in the beat of timeLet my senses fall awayI cna see much better now, Im blindFind all you need in your mindIf you can take the time

No comments: